When faced with hair loss, many people aren’t sure where to turn for help. The results from these efforts are often modest at best and rarely get to the root of the problem. If you’re losing your hair, here’s are a few tips that experts recommend:
- Make an appointment to see a board-certified dermatologist. Hair loss has so many causes. The sooner you find the cause, the better your chance of getting results you want.A dermatologist is a doctor who is trained to diagnose conditions that affect our skin, hair, and nails. They can get to the root of the problem, and in many cases, successfully treat hair loss.
- Wash and condition your hair without traumatizing it. Hair that’s thinning or falling out is fragile and easily damaged.
Reviv3 is clinically tested and proven effective to strengthen hair, reduce hair thinning due to breakage and improve volume, thickness and shine in women and men. It improves scalp health and blocks the formation of DHT, a hormone known to cause hair loss. It will also help increase hair strength up to 300%, reducing breakage and promoting hair retention.
- Stop at-home coloring, perming, chemical straightening, and relaxing. If you want to use these, find a salon that specializes in the service you want and has professionals who know how to examine your scalp and hair in order to find the product most suitable for you. Make sure the salon uses a moisturizing conditioner afterward.
- Limit your use of curling irons, flat irons, and hot combs, using one only on a special occasion, such as a wedding or job interview. These heat up your hair, which can weaken it.
- Use the lowest heat setting on your blow-dryer. When possible, let your hair dry naturally rather than using a blow-dryer. To repeat, wrapping wet hair in a microfiber towel can help dry your hair more quickly.
- If you have a habit of twisting your hair around your finger or pulling on it, try to stop. These habits can further weaken already fragile hair, causing more hair loss.
- Brush or comb your hair gently, and only enough to style it. Tugging on your hair while brushing or combing it can lead to hair loss.
- If you smoke, stop. Smoking causes inflammation throughout the body, which can worsen hair loss.
- Eat healthy. If you’re not getting enough of some nutrients, such as iron or protein, this can lead to hair loss.